cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Voyager 1055 wireless problem

chris_riley
Dabbler

BT Voyager 1055 wireless problem

I'm using a BT Voyager 2110 wireless router and have a Voyager 1055 wireless adapter plugged into my PC. Over the past few days I keep losing the connection to the router and today the problem is so bad that it's virtually impossible to browse the web. The icons in the system tray show that it keeps connecting/disconnecting every 30-60 seconds. I see the following in the event log:
Source: TCPIP
Event ID: 4202
The system detected that network adapter BT...1055 Laptop Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport was disconnected from the network, and the adapter's network configuration has been released. If the network adapter was not disconnected, this may indicate that it has malfunctioned. Please contact your vendor for updated drivers.
I've tried updating the drivers (downloaded from BT's site) already but that does not seem to have helped at all. I'm currently using an ethernet connection to the router which is working fine so the problem is either with the PC or with the 1055 adapter. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable

Re: BT Voyager 1055 wireless problem

I wonder if you are experiencing interference from a nearby wireless network operating on the same channel?
I don't know that model of router so can't advise on how to change it, but this might trigger somebody else who does know the answer to provide some more useful guidance...
samuria
Grafter

get free netstumbler from http://www.netstumbler.com/ ; this will show if there is anyone else on the same channel as you close to too which could be the problem. It will also show you the noise which could be a problem.
Changing the channel could solve the problem.
try getting the pc as close to the routers as possible and see if that solves it, if it does then slowly move it away.
chris_riley
Dabbler

Thanks for this. NetStumbler shows a total of 3 wireless networks - mine is channel 3 and the others are 1 and 8. All 3 have a noise level of -100 (is that good?).
Anyway, I've changed my channel from 3 to 4 to see if that helps.
Will post back later with an update.
Thanks for your help.