Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Vision equivalent

hulls
Grafter

BT Vision equivalent

Hi
Now that Premiership Rugby is moving away from Sky, it is probably an opportunity to move as well.  Is it possible to get BT Vision via PN (or an equivalent product that will show Rugby?
12 REPLIES 12
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: BT Vision equivalent

Sadly not Sad
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
hulls
Grafter

Nuisance Sad because that means that, if we want to see rugby on TV, we'll need to move to BT Infinity, and I'd really rather not - FOl has been pretty good for many years, and I'd like to stay with them.
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

The BT Sports channels will be available on Sky and Virgin too, so no need to move/sign upto BT Vision.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I don't want the BBC wasting my licence fee on sport - which seems to equal football.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

itsme
Grafter

Un renard, c'est le Mal
Are you saying that the BBC have too much football on their TV channels?
I dislike football but the BBC show no/very little live football.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Live or recorded is equally irritating.
it's just a cheap time filler.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Mav
Fixes: 515

Quote from: Un
it's just a cheap time filler.
As it seems most programs are these days Roll_eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

hulls
Grafter

Hmm ... How did we get on to the BBC? I'm not a great football fan (not one at all really - a load of overpaid prima donnas), but I have to admit that I seem to be in a minority, so if the majority of people want to watch it, then I don't see why the BBC shouldn't show it.
That said - and getting back on track - if Sky does include the BT Vision sports channels on their sports channels offering, then I would have a bit of an incentive to stay (as we do watch quite a bit of Sky 1), which would also mean that I could stick with FOL. Otherwise I've got a really difficult choice to make  Undecided
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Quote from: hulls

if Sky does include the BT Vision sports channels on their sports channels offering

No if about it. BT bought 2 Sky EPG slots back in November.
http://advanced-television.info/2012/11/21/bt-sports-channels-secure-sky-slots/
Given the poor subscription numbers BT Vision has compared to Sky and Virgin, and the amount they paid for football rights, I'm not sure they can afford not to be on those platforms atm.
tedsloan
Dabbler

I have a very vague recollection that, two or three years ago PlusNet hinted that they MIGHT give consideration to doing something regarding BT Vision as soon as FTTC became established. I also recollect some comment that such a linkup with BT being technically difficult.
I too would like just some of the items available to BT Vision customers - no SKY and Virgin not  available - and would like to hear from a PlusNet Staff member if anything is being considered in this direction i.e. getting together with BT over their BT Vision offering.
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Just given up trying to find out from the BTsport.com just how much the package will cost me in real terms. I know it's £12 + £3 for HD (unless you sign before 01/08/2013 then the HD is free) But, Enquiring to plusnet on twitter it seems that something may be announced soon. I did go through part of the sign up and it seemed that it was saying the upgrade is free to me (plusnet fibre) but I really couldn't get a difinitive answer. Anyone at PN pour any light on this?
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: tedsloan
I have a very vague recollection that, two or three years ago PlusNet hinted that they MIGHT give consideration to doing something regarding BT Vision

More recently
Quote from: Chris
TV is something we've thought about (and continue to do so) as to not consider it leaves us susceptible to those that do provide it. There's no firm plans but we are certainly considering it.