cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sports app/online player

keith99
Dabbler

BT Sports app/online player

I think i remember reading when BTSport came to plusnet that the app and online player would come at a later date for plusnet users.
I have not seen anything further but may have missed it, does anyone have any furthet updates on this please?
5 REPLIES 5
AndyH
Grafter

Re: BT Sports app/online player

I'm not sure there have been any updates on this.
DanHodby
Grafter

Hi keith99,
I totally agree with this, it would be a great addition to the service.
As we are still trialling the TV product at the moment we do not offer an app/online service. However, I've had a word with the guy who's leading the trial and an app is definitely something we are considering for the future.
BRABUS
Grafter

How can this be a trial if you are advertising it and selling it to anyone who wants it.  Having just rung around a few family and friends who are Plus Net customers they have all been called by Plus Net this week trying to sign them up to BT Sport.

It really is no longer a trial and by saying as such you are really misleading customers and could end up in a lot of trouble with the ASA.
AndyH
Grafter

Even this could be viewed as misleading (I expect the launch to happen though...):
Plusnet intends to offer access to the BT Sport online player available via http://www.btsport.com or via the BT Sport App in 2014.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I think Dan got confused with the Youview Trial and BT Sport.
It's something we do want to provide (the online player for BT Sport), there's quite a lot of work required to make this happen though, unfortunately I don't have any dates for this other than what's stated above.