cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport on Sky

mdf273

BT Sport on Sky

I have ordered BT Sport on Sky through the website, but was surprised to find it hasn't activated on my Sky box. These things normally take a short period of time. I received no email confirmation. There is a 45 min wait on the technical support. It is telling me I am being posted a new Sky card. Why, I have no idea!

Please can I get this cancelled or check it didn't go through. I only wanted to watch a specific match this evening. The information provided is unclear at the time of application. Disappointed.

7 REPLIES 7
ryles30

Re: BT Sport on Sky

I have had this same problem tonight as well it's an absolute disgrace that they fail to mention you have to wait for a new sky viewing card before you can actually view by sport!they only mention this after the payment is threw.How come if your broadband is with bt you get bt sport threw sky straight away but not with plus net when they are the same company?joke
ryles30

Also been on hold for 33 minutes!!customer service "we'll do you proud" 😂😂😂
mdf273

I certainty think its out of order, and it's probably illegal also. It's misleading.

I now expect Plusnet to cancel this under my 14 day cooling off period rights.

ryles30

After 40 minutes waiting on hold finally got threw to customer service then got put on hold again to cancellation team who once I told him of my problem said "it was incorrect that I have to wait for a viewing card I should have bt sport soon"I told him am not just making it up I have screen shot the confirmation message,to his reply was "well what do you want me to do about it?" I ended up hanging up the phone.iv scince had a reply from plus net saying it should be on within 2 working days not very helpfull when I expected it to be on soon after adding.done it before with bt and was on straight away.after my contract is up I will be cancelling it.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry that you were told you needed a new viewing card, this isn't always the case. However we do advise in the FAQ for BT Sport over Sky that it can take 48 hours to add:

How long does it take to activate my viewing card?

If you already have a viewing card, we'll process your order for BT Sport within 48 hours but if you need a new card it'll take a week. So we can ensure you have BT Sport when you want it please don't call us just before a game you want to watch

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mdf273

Sounds misleading to me if i'm told something that "isn't always the case". I take it you've cancelled my application as requested?

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Cross-post removed: See https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/BT-Sport-on-Sky/m-p/1380508#U1380508

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still