cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport and Sky Q

mikecrawford71
Dabbler

BT Sport and Sky Q

Just wondering if Plusnet will be able to offer BT Sport on the new Sky Q service to the Sky Q Mini boxes?
BT are offering it if you ring them;
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-sport-on-sky-packages/
I've had BT Sport from PN since it was launched, would like to see the offering updated and allow muliti screen option on Sky+HD and Sky Q with minis.
10 REPLIES 10
datanode

Re: BT Sport and Sky Q

I know this is an old post but I too think this should be looked into. Do plus.net care to comment, I am considering termination of the BT sport package as I have SkyQ and have always found the lack of online viewing for BT sport a limitation I wasn't completely happy with. This limitation extends to SkyQ and whilst I understand that this product is a reduced fee offering etc.

In the initial marketing it wasn't made overly clear that you were getting a reduced version, just that BT sport was available via plus.net (irrespective of how it is marketed now)

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I'm not sure if this is really a question requiring Tech Help with Software or Hardware so perhaps that is why nobody ever answered?  Maybe you should post to 'Plusnet Feedback' or 'Everything Else'?

Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Are you able to confirm that BT Sport with Plusnet works on Sky Q. I'm upgrading my Sky package to Q at the end of the month and don't want to lose the service.
Annie
mikecrawford71
Dabbler

Hi, yes it does work on Sky Q, just the main box though, not any additional mini's.

You will get a new card for Sky Q, you just need to let Plusnet know the new card number (there may be a period if downtime depending how quick Plusnet can update your subscription).

datanode

Mike is spot on,

To be clear, it will only be the main box.

In addition to what Mike says, no recordings can be transferred or viewed on tablets, minis or mobiles.

Considering cancellation of BT sport via plus net. This doesn't work for me I don't watch TV like that anymore Wink
Annie
Rising Star

Thank you to you both. That's very helpful. We only use BT Sport for live football games so we are happy to watch on the main TV.

Annie
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to see this thread was missed for so long.

Thank you for your input and comments on your experience with BT Sport via Plusnet on Sky Q @mikecrawford71 Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Annie
Rising Star

I got Sky Q installed last week and BT Sport is working on the new Silver box. I haven't rung up Plusnet with the new viewing card number. Should I? I don't understand why it is still working.

Annie
timc1

I appreciate am replying to an old post but can find no others relating to the issues with BT Sports via Plusnet on Sky with the Q box, I have just had it installed & was totally surprised to find I was not able to watch on the Sky mini box, I had been able to watch live or recorded via the magic eye link. Sky say you can watch anything on the Q box on your Mini boxes or devices, this is totally untrue you can't.

I have spoken to both Sky & Plusnet but neither can offer help or a solution, thought I had discovered the answer when I found the link only to be told that the offer of extra boxes at £6 per month is only if you are a BT Broadband customer!!

This is crucial to me as I usually have to watch Football on the Mini Box due to our setup, I would not have upgraded if I had know this was the senerio, surely Plusnet & Bt [part of the same company] can reslove this? 

datanode

Yes this is an old post, but all the information is still correct and relevant.

No need at all to be sorry, the combination of disappointment and being sold a very fluffy deal full of marketing promise, is how I felt, which seems similar to your feeling.

This thread won't go away unless Plusnet and Sky start making it clearer in the products they are pushing. They are far more interested in a sign up than worrying about the customer experience. Just cancel the subs.

I will never join BT after the fiasco with friends and family charges. To have to pay them line rental / use their equipment frustrates me.

I understand that this is supposed to be a budget option for BT sport, but how it is limited was not made clear when I got it.

The more people that complain will hopefully encourage them to make their marketing clearer or maybe actually provide something worth having.