cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport activation

studuckson
Grafter

BT Sport activation

I signed up to BT Sport (inc HD) on New Years Day, when can i expect activation considering the Bank Holiday? It did say 48 hours.
(i have a Sky subscription/card so entered the card number but it still said the card would take x number of days to turn up).
9 REPLIES 9
studuckson
Grafter

Re: BT Sport activation

Anyone from Plusnet care to comment? Still not enabled.  Cry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry, I'm just finding someone now to see what's going on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Joshc
Grafter

Hey ,
Good morning.
I have just had a quick look at your account.
There has been a slight delay.
This is due to having the same telephone number registered to two accounts, an old just mail account and your freshly created account.
So where as normally it would proceed automatically it had stopped and we have had to check it manually.
Which I have done today.
No need to panic though! You phone line is due to go live on the 15/01/2015.
Your Fibre Installation is due on the 15/01/2015 between 1PM and 6PM, after the engineer has done his thing you should be up and running.
In regards to your BT Sport we have to add that on once you broadband component has gone live. Once this happens your viewing card will be sent to you within 3 to 5 working days.
I hope I have helped.
Thanks  
studuckson
Grafter

Thanks very much Josh! Smiley
Just one thing regarding the BT Sport - i already have a Sky account and inputted the card number when applying, i assume it will just be added to that rather than getting a new card?
Also the Order Tracker in my Member Centre says;
Activating your line
Broadband orders typically take a week to complete.
Your broadband order should complete on 16th Jan 2015 - After 12pm. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens.

I assume the date of 16th Jan quoted above is incorrect as my Fibre is being activated 15th Jan 1pm-6pm?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Stu, I see that you've given us a viewing card number so we'll just put it onto that card.
Do you have BT Sport with Sky? If so, you'll need to cancel it with them before we can provision on our side. I recommend doing this on a day when there's no football on to be on the safe side.  Smiley
Your fibre should start working as soon as the engineer has installed it. The intention was to set expectations well. It works with standard ADSL broadband, though it's a little confusing when you have an engineeer coming over (this is a known issue that has been reported).
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
studuckson
Grafter

Thanks and I don't have BT sport at the moment.
studuckson
Grafter

Fibre activated today so is it possible to get the BT Sports order moving, get it on my current Sky card (the card number i entered why applying)?
Thanks!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Are you ok to give it a try now? There's plenty of basketball on ESPN.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
studuckson
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC
Are you ok to give it a try now? There's plenty of basketball on ESPN.

Hi, thanks very much, all is now working. Cheesy