cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport Verification

wolboy007

BT Sport Verification

Hi I earlier added BT Sport HD to my account and it then came up with me needing a new viewing card!!
Now my card is registered to my box and was added could you please sort this out for me as I have been held on the phone for 30 minutes many thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
SierraCharlie2
Dabbler

Re: BT Sport Verification

Hi, This will not help you directly but may assist other users in their decision making.
I too have applied to have BT Sport added. I was sent a new viewing card which arrived this Friday 7th February 2014 and was instructed to contact Plusnet in order to activate it. I waited nearly 20 minutes before being able to speak to an advisor, I told the advisor the details he needed before he declared that I would have to wait upto 48 hours ( this would be 48 working hours and because Plusnet work 7 days a week the latest activation date would be Sunday lunchtime ) however in a majority of cases the activation is a lot quicker and that I should check to see if I could get BT Sport later that afternoon or evening. I tried Friday evening but nothing.
Checked my telephone late Friday evening and I had been sent a text message saying Plusnet needed the Sky viewing Card Number and the Version Number on my Skybox. I replied giving the information.
I then rang Plusnet Technical Dept on Saturday morning after still not being able to access BT Sport and was informed that my text had been received but the Version Number of the Skybox was irrelevant. I was also informed that the latest activation date would actually be Monday as Sunday is not included in the working week  Angry
MId Saturday afternoon I received another text message from Plusnet stating that they now required the serial number of my Skybox in order to complete the activation. Again I sent a text back with the information.
As at the time of writing this message I have still not been able to access BT Sport. I am kind of assuming I will have to wait until Monday now  Angry . This will be 72 hours!
I don`t understand why I have been told conflicting information and why I continue to be sent text messages asking for further information after speaking to Plusnet operatives directly over the telephone.  Angry
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Hi wolboy007,
welcome to the forums, they aren't staffed at the weekend so you might get a quicker resolution calling up.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
wolboy007

Hi Its all sorted now I had problems getting through on the phone hence why its easier emailing sometimes, But BT Sport is up and running and was dealt with quickly so thanks for sorting Plusnet.
SierraCharlie2
Dabbler

Well done  Smiley
You`ve had better fortune than me. I`m still waiting. It is now well over 48 hours since my initial approach to activate my card.  Angry
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi SierraCharlie2,
Has BT Sport been sorted out for you now? If it hasn't can you let me know so I can get this chased up for you?
SierraCharlie2
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply and offer of help.
I can confirm that I was able to watch BT Sport for the first time at about 20.45hrs last night.
I am however still disappointed with the delay in activating this card and the conflicting information I have been given by Plusnet staff.  I will be very wary of any information I am issued with in the future.
dick:quote
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Apologies for the conflicting information you received - this was a genuine mistake on our end for which we are sorry for.
I'm glad everything is up and running for you.
hulls
Grafter

Hi
I've just moved my BT Sport to PN from BT, but now the app and on-line viewing doesn't work. I suppose I should have checked, but pretty much assumed that the service being provided was the same as with BT. is that not the case?
John
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi hulls,
Unfortunately the app and online viewing are features that we don't currently support. It may be something that is changed in the future, however, at the moment there's nothing set in stone. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
hulls
Grafter

Hi Linn
I appreciate the apology. I'm now back with BT for the sports. Of course they took the opportunity to try to get me on to BT Broadband. For the moment, I'm resisting the temptation and sticking with FOL Wink