cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport App

WoodleySaint

BT Sport App

Hi,
Anyone know when the BT Sport App will be available to purchase? (Amazed it's not available now as PlusNet is owned by BT.)
Thanks
18 REPLIES 18
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: BT Sport App

At the moment we're only providing BT Sport via Sky. If/when this changes we'll post an announcement about this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
hulls
Grafter

Hi
I've just found this out. It would have been useful if I'd been told that at the outset, instead of being left to find out after it was activated  Angry  Being able to watch on my laptop or tablet was important to me, so having moved over from BT, I now need to move back. That means paying BT AND  PN for a month and also incurring the BT activation fee of £15, so quite an expensive mistake.
John
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Although it's not mentioned on the product page, it is the FAQ
How can I watch BT Sport?
You'll only be able to watch the channels in your BT Sport pack on the Sky satellite receiver box that's paired to the Sky viewing card.
Access to BT Sport via the BT Sport app and BT online player is not available.
hulls
Grafter

I know that now! Embarrassed  It's still bad that PN doesn't tell you up front. There's something called a "misleading omission". That's something that should be brought to your attention if it might affect your transactional decision. If they'd said (or even hinted), that BT Sport via PN is only available over a Sky box, and not available any other way, I wouldn't now be nearly £30 out of pocket!
pwatson
Rising Star

In big print in graphic at the top of the page and the first line of the accompanying text:
Plusnet broadband customers can now get BT Sport via the Sky Digitial Satellite Platform

That seems fairly unambiguous...
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@hulls
Sorry you feel misled, however as others have pointed out it's in the FAQ and the signup/sales page does say 'through the Sky Digital Platform'.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AndyH
Grafter

It will inevitably be coming from Plusnet...I seem to recall someone from Plusnet saying it was something they had in the pipeline or hoping to offer soon.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Quote from: Chris
.. out it's in the FAQ and the signup/sales page does say 'through the Sky Digital Platform'.

Perhaps the word 'only' should be inserted there?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
AndyH
Grafter

PN also need to clarify about multiroom.
I believe if you have BT Sport with BT Infinity, you can now have it on a main box + one multiroom box. Is this also available for Plusnet users who have BT Sport?
pwatson
Rising Star

Seems fairly clear to me...
How can I watch BT Sport?
You'll only be able to watch the channels in your BT Sport pack on the Sky satellite receiver box that's paired to the Sky viewing card.

No multiroom
Also, from the Terms & Conditions
Your subscription to BT Sport only allows you to access the BT Sport channels via one Sky satellite receiver box per customer account.

and for the query about the app
BT Sport from Plusnet does not include access to any online content made available by BT via the BT Sport website at www.btsport.com or on smartphones or tablets via the BT Sport App. These facilities do not form part of the BT Sport service from Plusnet.

AndyH
Grafter

Hmmm...that is not clear to me. A Sky multiroom subscription is mirrored to the main viewing card.
It could be made plain and clear in the FAQ. BT make it clear what you get with them - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44485/~/does-bt-sport-have-multi-room%3F
I know it's written clearly in the T&Cs, but some people won't read that.
pwatson
Rising Star

Each Sky box has a unique viewing card paired with it.  For Sky multiroom, the entitlements of the cards are the same.
The text "Sky satellite receiver box that's paired to the Sky viewing card" therefore clearly restricts the service to one box...
AndyH
Grafter

Yes, but it doesn't say they will not pair your BT Sport subscription to multiple viewing cards.
It just needs to be clearly stated that multiroom is not available on a BT Sport subscription with Plusnet.
pwatson
Rising Star

But it does say they won't pair your subscription to multiple cards - "One subscription per box"
Completely unambiguous and not reliant on any 'product name' from a 3rd party to describe the restriction.
Quote from: AndyH
I know it's written clearly in the T&Cs, but some people won't read that.

Caveat Emptor!!