Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport - Activation query

andydp
Dabbler

BT Sport - Activation query

Hi all,
I added BT Sports (HD) to my Sky subscription via the Plusnet website earlier today, however upon completing was told I would need a new viewing card. This was a surprise as I had previously entered in my viewing card number when placing the order. Has this happened to anyone else? I called PN about it at lunch, and they said that they could see on my order the viewing card number that I had entered and my order should be complete within 48 hours. This is great, I'm just a bit puzzled as to why I was initially told I'd need a new viewing card?
8 REPLIES 8
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: BT Sport - Activation query

Do you have an active Sky subscription?
Basically, the Sky Viewing Card number needs to match up with the Serial Number of your Sky Box as they are registered together. If they don't (Such as purchased separately) we would send a new card out which we would register to the serial number of your Sky Box.
andydp
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply...
Yes, I have an active Sky subscription - the HD box and card were provided by Sky a good couple of years ago. As a result, should I just presume that BT Sport will activate within 48 hours?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's right. If you're already using the Sky Card and it's active, we'll just get the service activated - there will be no need for a new Sky Viewing Card.
Apologies for the confusion!
andydp
Dabbler

Brilliant, cheers Chris - thank you for confirming!
andydp
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
That's right. If you're already using the Sky Card and it's active, we'll just get the service activated - there will be no need for a new Sky Viewing Card.
Apologies for the confusion!

Chris,
I'm still to hear from PN in regards to activation of the BT HD Sport package - I appreciate it hasn't been 48 hours yet, but looking at other posts regarding activation turnaround seems to be pretty quick?
Thanks.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I've just given one of my colleagues a nudge to get that sorted out for you. Apologies for the delay.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That should be sorted out for you.
I would expect the channels to start working within the next couple of hours.
Sian2909

I have the same issue. Input Sky Viewing Card no then told a new card will be sent out? Signed up to watch the football tomorrow but doesn't look like it's going to happen now?