cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Home Hub

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

BT Home Hub

Mate of mine has gone with BT for some strange reason, i couldnt tempt him to Plusnet.
Anyhoo, his BT Home Hub range is very very very poor, His Ps3 is showning 50% signal strength through 1 wall. He has now moved his PS3 and set up into a room that is a mere 10 metres away and cannot get a signal at all.
They advertise the best range on the TV, which seems weird to me as 10m is nothing!!
Any ideas what it might be, or what i can tell him to do/try?
Thanks
FYI - I get 100% signal strength from my Thomson router with Plusnet and its the same distance!
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: BT Home Hub

If he can - I'm not familiar with the Home Hub, can they change the wireless channel at all to see if that helps?
Otherwise, it's probably going to be a call to their customer services team.
amir852
Grafter

try contacting bt or updating the hub there might be a problem with the hub or maybe his wall is too thick.
other resons
remove any electronics from the hub (e.g phone)
try another hub (or call bt and tell them to replace it if he has the warranty)
change the wireless channel
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Thanks folks, will nip round tonight and change the wireless channel.
Smiley
Denzil
Grafter

The BT Home Hubs are rebranded 2wire routers. I don't know if they are all the same, but on my 2wire 2700HGV, at least, you can alter the output power through its web interface. On the Wireless Settings page there is an option to change the power setting. You might be able to wind it up a bit if it is on a low number.
Denzil
Grafter

OK, my mistake, the Business Hubs are made by  2wire, it seems the Home Hubs are Speedtouch (Thompson). I don't think you can change the power on those.