Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT HH3 Access Points

greg16
Grafter

BT HH3 Access Points

Hi All,
wondering if anyone can advise if it possible to run a access point from a access point.
I am trying to have 2 x BT HH3's connected to each other as access points with 1 of them then connected to a Hub 5 (internet connection), I can get 1 to work no problem but when I plug in the second hub3, I am able to log into the hub5 but am unable to get internet access.  Wondering if it something I am doing or is it not possible to run a access point from a access point.
I have disabled the usual settings on the router (DHCP, changed IP address), they are all wired.
So just to confirm, I have internet connected to hub 5, a cable running to the 1st Hub3 (connects no problem) and then a cable running from that Hub3 to the 2nd Hub 3 (connects but unable to get internet access).
Many thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: BT HH3 Access Points

you have to connect both hub 3's to the primary router and then it *should* work the way you want it to
I have something similar achieved by connecting one of the routers through a network switch (need to plug 4 thins into a single router port) and another connected to the primary router via a home plug link (I actually have  several home plugs linking a multitude of devices to the primary router)
it all *seems to work* without any major problems (well I need to reboot the two secondary routers every week but the primary seems to only need it once a month)
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
greg16
Grafter

Thanks nano,
Any idea why that is? How come I can see the hub5 from the 2nd access point but not get internet access.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

something to do with how you create secure subnets but not entirely sure about it
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
greg16
Grafter

Thanks nano
greg16
Grafter

Well strangely enough, I took the 2 x HH3's home with me to try at my house (the above is my brothers setup) and it worked no problem 1st time.  my setup was using 3 x HH3's ( I don't have the HH5) so don't know what the problem could be.  I plugged a cable tester onto each end of the cables when there at weekend and all worked as should be but it just proves the connections tally up as they should, not anything. could there be a problem in the cable that's preventing Internet access through the to 2nd HH at his?