cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Fibre Modem

Snicka

BT Fibre Modem

Hi All

I have quite a long line length from the cabinet to my house and my home hub one cannot sustain the fibre connection for a decent length of time without the help of the bt fibre modem.

My original set up consisted of the Technicolor router plus the bt fibre modem and worked fine up to a few weeks back but then the router decided to pack in. I ordered the hub one and having the Mk3 vdsl plate fitted in the house I proceeded to set the new hub one up as it says in the booklet. Within a few hours the line was dropping and I've found that without the fibre modem I don't get any joy.

Is this normal?

4 REPLIES 4
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: BT Fibre Modem

Hi Snicka, welcome to the forum Smiley

I would have a look at the Event log and check to see exactly what is dropping, whether it's the sync or just the PPP session, or are you using a wireless connection?

When you say your Technicolor decided to pack in what symptoms did you have with it? Did you try a factory reset on it at all?

Snicka

Hi

The technicolor just give up and died. There was no life in it at all.

My pc is connected via ethernet.

When I say the fibre won't work unless it's connected to the bt fibre modem i mean it just won't work. Regardless of me having anything connected to to it, wether it be wireless or ethernet. After being connected for a short time directly from the vdsl faceplate to the dsl socket on the hub one the internet will no longer work. the status light turns orange on front of the router and a solid letter 'b' appears.

The only way I can get internet again is to go through the bt fibre modem again.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well that does sound like you have a faulty Hub One and it will need to be replaced.

One of the Plusnet Help Team need to take a look at this then, perhaps @MattyC or @HarryB can help?

Snicka

I'll look forward to that.

Plusnet Helpline were trying to fob me off saying that it was due to the long line length.

BT don't support the fibre modem any longer from what I've read on here so it'd be interesting to hear what the help desk said when that come to being replaced if it decided to pack in!

Basically, in my opinion, the hub one is meant to be exactly that 'an all in one'.

Thanks for replying to my initial question by the way.Wink