Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD Issue

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

BSOD Issue

Since installing an SSD as my main drive I have had the occasional BSOD.
Some days I get none, other days 1....maybe 2.
I disabled reboot so as to get a better look at the on-screen info and the consistent thing is MV91xx.sys which is the driver for the onboard Marvell SATA 6G storage controller.
The drivers are the latest available from the ASUS site (my board is a P7P55D-E). There are 'later' ones available elsewhere on download sites but I'm dubious of those.
I have recently changed the SATA cable from a red ATA 3.0 cable to a black SATA 6Gb/s one which I'm guessing are the same....it's easy to get confused reading stuff on the internet.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
4 REPLIES 4
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: BSOD Issue

is there a new firmware update for your  SSD ?  also  have your bios set to ACHI
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
NedLudd
Grafter

I had similar problems when I first put an SSD in my desktop. A good quality sata cable solved it!  Smiley
Geoff,
York.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@rongtw Yes and yes Smiley
@Ned The black one I have in now is supposed to be a good one so I'll see how it goes....no blue screens today so far.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

check the marvel website for updated drivers, asus tend to stop publishing updates to their mobo products after 3 revamp releases, also strange as it may sound make sure the usb and sound drivers are up to date, the bsod's I experienced were down to drivers for other products when I upgraded to an ssd ....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you