cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Post Freeze

Fixes: 81

BIOS Post Freeze

I switched on my PC this morning and went to do my weekly shopping while it booted up (made a cup of coffee actually).
When I returned it was sitting with the Bios Post on screen and not completing boot up.
Re-tried it a couple of times with no success.
I sat there thinking 'it was ok last night and the last thing I did was upload a few photos to Facebook'.
Aha...the truth dawned...I uploaded the photos from a flash card plugged into a USB Reader which was still plugged in.
Removed the flash card, rebooted and all was well Roll eyes

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
3 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: BIOS Post Freeze

You're not alone Grin  I have a HP server running Server 2003 R2 and regardless of Bios settings, it will always 'boot' from a USB drive if one is left plugged in.  Because rebooting a server is very disruptive in working hours, I normally do it remotely over the weekend - guess who left a 'stick' plugged in last weekend Lips are sealed
M
Fixes: 81

I usually 'hang around' after hours to reboot the server. I don't trust either myself or the server to do it remotely these days.
I did once leave a floppy in with a driver on which stalled a reboot. Embarrassed

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Should have left the thing plugged in , and done the shopping. !  Cheesy