Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Post Freeze

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

BIOS Post Freeze

I switched on my PC this morning and went to do my weekly shopping while it booted up (made a cup of coffee actually).
When I returned it was sitting with the Bios Post on screen and not completing boot up.
Re-tried it a couple of times with no success.
I sat there thinking 'it was ok last night and the last thing I did was upload a few photos to Facebook'.
Aha...the truth dawned...I uploaded the photos from a flash card plugged into a USB Reader which was still plugged in.
Removed the flash card, rebooted and all was well Roll_eyes
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
3 REPLIES 3
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: BIOS Post Freeze

You're not alone Grin  I have a HP server running Server 2003 R2 and regardless of Bios settings, it will always 'boot' from a USB drive if one is left plugged in.  Because rebooting a server is very disruptive in working hours, I normally do it remotely over the weekend - guess who left a 'stick' plugged in last weekend Lips_are_sealed
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I usually 'hang around' after hours to reboot the server. I don't trust either myself or the server to do it remotely these days.
I did once leave a floppy in with a driver on which stalled a reboot. Embarrassed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Should have left the thing plugged in , and done the shopping. !  Cheesy