cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iplayer

grabro

BBC iplayer

I am in process of signing up with Plusnet. They seem to be handling things well. However when  I read some of the detailed posts I begin to wonder whether I shall be able to stream BBC iplayer in the evenings. Ant views on this?
8 REPLIES 8
Be3G
Grafter

Re: BBC iplayer

Streaming traffic is prioritised at all times by Plusnet irrespective of which package you're on, so you'll have no problems there.
grabro

Thanks Be3G. That is reassuring.
scootie
Grafter

iplayer or any other streaming works tip top on pn network. thats why they use traffic mangment to make sure these sorts of traffic work 24/7.
the only thing you have to think about is the usage cap of your product as alot of iplayer usage will soon get you to your limit.
if you signed upto the new unlimited package then iplayer your heart out Wink
grabro

Many thanks ASBO DOG
Roughly what is 1 hour of iplayer equivalent to in terms of usage, that is, on average how many MB?
community
Grafter

In my experience, one hour of play uses approx 1.5GB
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I think it depend on if it is live or replay, some replay ones are "Flash",  I watched one hour of BBC news a couple of nights ago and that certainly was more like .5 G
grabro

Many thanks community and pierre_pierre
scootie
Grafter

i think high quality catchup on the website is about 300mb for 30 mins or 300mb might be low quality and high be 600mb and for the live streaming i found when i feel asleep once with it streaming live my vmbu showed 1.6gb used in 6 hours but really think that the stream was not working for the full 6 hours thoe as i was expecting it to have eatin more of my old 30gb usage limit. to be honest i had a wee  Smiley  when i saw 1.6gb for 6hours live streaming