Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB Phone daft messages

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

BB Phone daft messages

If the number you are calling is engaged you get a message " Unable to connect you at the moment, please check for any current issues.........". Why not simple give the engaged tone like other providers instead of having to log on to see if there is a fault?
7 REPLIES 7
astarsolutions
Grafter

Re: BB Phone daft messages

Because the Asterisk platform they use doesn't know the difference between an engaged line and a network failure.
glloyd
Rising Star

Must be a pretty poor platform then. other providers manage it. Maybe that's why it keeps falling over.
astarsolutions
Grafter

Asterisk is an amazing platform; the inability to detect the line status is the only annoyance I have ever come across.
Maybe that's why it keeps falling over

Asterisk itself is very stable so I have no idea why Plustalk has so many problems.
fotobits
Rising Star

Are you suggesting that PlusTalk is working?
Except for a really good period about a month ago, I've found PlusTalk back to the unreliable days of last year!
Yet the Status remains green!
astarsolutions
Grafter

I have Plustalk setup as a backup link so if my main VoIP service goes down it fails over to Plustalk. Thankfully I haven't had to experience the joys of Plustalk yet.
pcoventry76
Grafter

Quote from: fotobits
Are you suggesting that PlusTalk is working?
Except for a really good period about a month ago, I've found PlusTalk back to the unreliable days of last year!
Yet the Status remains green!

Yes it's working i just used it for 1 hour 35 minutes without a problem
glloyd
Rising Star

Your lucky then. Nine out of ten times it comes up with a server not responding error but if you try enough times it may connect you.