Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Scan with Spybot Search and Destroy

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Automatic Scan with Spybot Search and Destroy

Hi, i have my Norton Internet Security set to scan all downloads Automatically when download is finished that way hopefully opening something nasty, would anyone know if its possible to set up Spybot search And Destroy to do it when completing a download, i do it manually at the moment but it would be so much better if its possible.
regards
jono
3 REPLIES 3
jono
Aspiring Pro

Re: Automatic Scan with Spybot Search and Destroy

Hi, i think this one is dead now, I visited the Spybot forum and found my answer, I cannot set it to automatically scan as dose my antivirus.
regards
jono
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Yes you can! I have set it to scan on my laptop and desktop successfully, i meant to reply to this post originally but I was on my mobile so i couldn't point you in the right direction..
1)  open S&D
2) change your mode to Advanced under the 'Mode' menu at the top
3) Go to the settings options on the left hand side
4) select scheduler and create your schedule.
Job done  Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jono
Aspiring Pro

Thanks adiewoo, I may have not made my self clear, I meant when I've done a download and the file is saved to My download file I have Norton to do a scan of the file before I ever attempt to open it, I thought may be able to do the same with Spybot.
At the moment I always scan the downloaded file with spybot before i open it, I think the method you mentioned is for doing regular weekly scans which I allready do.
thanks for replying anyway,much appreciated.
regards
jono