Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autologin

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Autologin

I've used autologin for years and years and although it forgets from time to time it's generally been fine. A week or 2 ago it stopped working and I now have to log in every time. I have a screenscraper script which I use to monitor some account details and this stops it being used.  Has something changed (or has something at my end changed)? I allow cookies.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
2 REPLIES 2
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Autologin

Have you 'cleared' cookies recently?  That is often the cause.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Autologin

So after a bit of experimentation I see that autologin partially works but not properly.
With autologin set, if I click on 'member centre' from the home page for instance, it asks me to log in. If instead of logging in I click again on 'member centre' from THAT page it auto logs in. Same for an attempt to directly access 'view my broadband usage'. So nothing to do with my setup but rather a bit of inconsistencies in the PN scripts. Clearly the autologin cookie is being retained on my machine but is not interrogated by some of the PN pages. Naturally enough once autologin has eventually triggered it's perfectly OK to hop around the member's area.
Didn't used to do this so someone has knackered what used to work perfectly well. Ah well! I'm sure this will be somewhere near the bottom of PN's list of things to fix, but for the meantime I've easily reworked my screenscraper script to cope.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!