cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto login not working any more

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Auto login not working any more

Just recently, I've been having to log in every time I visit the Member Centre, even though I keep resetting auto log-in to a few years.
When do I log in, irrespective of which bookmarked page I'm trying to reach, I get sent to the Payment Details page. This all seemed to start when I opened a new bank account and my direct debit details were changed as part of the account switching service. This was just after my last payment had been taken from my old account. My card details had disappeared and I assumed I needed to add one so did so but I'm still getting sent to that page.
Any ideas? I removed all the cookies that looked as though they might have something to do with it but that didn't work.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
9 REPLIES 9
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Auto login not working any more

Hi Mad Moggies,
Sorry about this. It is something we're looking at, but in the mean time if you re-add the same card details again it should stop sending you to the page - for some reason our system thinks there's still no active card details on the account even though there are, and re-adding them will stop that happening.
Hope that helps.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Thanks Matt. I tried this yesterday, re-entering the Debit card details I had there already and reset auto log-in but it still didn't work.
Today I've entered Credit card details (not the one I used to have registered, as that expires end of this month and I'm told I won't get the new card till shortly before the old one expires). Didn't bother to reset auto log-in when I logged out but quit the browser and deleted its cache. Then clicked my bookmark for a particular page, logged in and still got sent to the Payment Details page. Have now changed card details back to Debit card, reset auto log-in, logged out etc but with exactly the same results.
Is this a problem other people's are having too, or just me?
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Autologin seems to have had some problems for months. See my earlier thread here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,115715.0.html.
Like you I had some problems when I changed my DD but after a couple of payments had been taken it stopped asking me for a CC/debit card, however the autologin problem is still there so I don't think that is the root of the problem.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Thanks! I will wait and see what happens after my second new DD goes through then. (Looked for other discussion of this but the Search facility doesn't always come up with relevantly recent results.)
Last time I had problems with auto log-in, which was ages ago, I just cleared some cookies, reset it, and it all started working OK again.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Well, the second DD went through from my new current account but still I'm being sent to the Payment Details page instead of the one I was attempting to reach.  Undecided
Auto log-in still not working either.  Cry
P.S. I also changed back to the credit card that was originally on my account (and which was due to expire, which was why I thought it had disappeared) several weeks ago when I got its replacement with a new expiry date.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Another month has gone by and besides my DD being taken successfully, my Line Rental Saver advance charge has been paid via my credit card as registered.
STILL getting sent to the Payment Details page.  Sad
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Hurrah!  Cheesy
This seems to be working again as it should do, at last! Been OK for a couple of weeks now.
Thanks to whoever fixed it (only a few customers affected, apparently so not high priority).
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

That'll be between Chris Purvey, Myself and one of the Chaps in Software Development called Ingmar. It's something we identified quite some time ago and when we looked at the work that was actually required, it wasn't as much as we thought so we got that pushed through around 2 weeks or so ago Smiley
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Thanks Chris, Chris and Ingmar then!  Wink