Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Setup TR069

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Auto Setup TR069

Anybody explain why Auto setup has automagically turned itself back on?
I turned this OFF when we first joined plusnet expecting that it would stay off, however, today while mooching It is now turned on.
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Auto Setup TR069

at a guess - if you get a new router it would happen
w23
Pro

Product change often 'resets' defaults too.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

From what I can see it's down to the new router that was ordered a couple of months ago.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
30FTTC06
Pro

Ok thanks all, that would explain it, I was under the impression off was off so I'll bear it mind for future changes of product.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

iirc bt branded homeplugs can cause the problem as well (as can some others) when they "search and update" similar functions can also be performed by smart TV's /set top boxes and mobile devices, it was something to do with some report home feature that would routinely check for TR069 settings and then send a change request using the admin info saved from the last time you logged into the router via the device.
had a similar problem with certain devices in the past (a few years ago) changing the setting within minutes of me switching it off, wire shark found the culprit and I was able to sort it out (by changing the router's admin password) so it didn't get switched n again unless I actually wanted to use it /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you