cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio question

Mav
Fixes: 514

Audio question

I doubt if what I am asking is really possible but worth a try.
Basically, I like to listen to music on my PC but occasionally SWMBO would like to listen to something different when she's downstairs. Not having another system available for use I let her have her wishes. But I wondered if there was software that would direct the audio from a player to just the headphones and another to just the speakers so I can listen to something different.
Thought I'd give it a shot in asking...

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Audio question

What are the sources of the two different pieces of music the pair of you wish to listen to?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mav

I have many players but mainly use WinAmp, WMPlayer and VLC player but also have QTPlayer, DivX Plus Player and Splash.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

One thing that comes to mind is if you only have one sound card (normal) then you would need a second one installed.
You should then be able to tell Winamp for example to output to one card while other software outputs to the other.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mav

It's really not worth going to any expense over this. At present I just use the on-board sound.
Thanks anyway Smiley