Asus Transformer T100

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Asus Transformer T100

Hi has anyone had any experience with the Asus Transformer T100
Would be great if you could share it, Thanks
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
4 REPLIES 4
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Asus Transformer T100

I've not used the TF100, but I'm posting this from my Transformer Prime (TF200).
IMHO, they're great devices and provide a good bridge between a tablet and a netbook,  and give you the best of both world
With the keyboard detached, it acts like any other tablet, with an onscreen keyboard shown when required.
The added bonus with the transformer series is that the keyboard contains an additional battery,  which will act as a charger for the tablet while it has power
godsell4
Rising Star

The T100 and TF100 are different products. I do have a TF100, got it as soon as it was launched, it is a little heavy for what it is, but for note taking, the keyboard is great. Asus dropped software support for it pretty quickly though, I think the TF200 and better have had more firmware updates from Asus than the TF100, thought there maybe Cyanogen firmware builds for the TF100 available, that may meet the needs of the OP. So the TF100 is a good device to try, they must be going for very cheap now on ebay, I would err towards the TF200 or better though.
The T100 is a Windows version of the TF200 I think.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
kmilburn
Grafter

Oops,  my brain must have inserted a F for me when I read that the first time    Huh
While the T100 has the same advantage switching between tablet and netbook form factors,  it doesn't have the additional battery...  Sad
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I find the T100 to have a great battery life and far much better than my iPad air for less the price of a 16gb model!!
Personally I like the desktop function of the T100 and gives it a Windows 7 look/feel. 
Also good for running proper PC programs and will have to invest upgrading the hard drive or purchasing a 64gb micro SD card
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up