cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Google Nexus7 - Transfer music PC to Device

got2getatan
Grafter

Asus Google Nexus7 - Transfer music PC to Device

Hi, Just bought one of these Asus Google Nexus 7 2nd generation tablets and I am trying to transfer music from my windows 7 PC to the tablet. There is no user instructions included so it trial and error. I connect, find the music albums, move them to the sync pane and start the process. After less than a second it says the the process is complete and to disconnect the tablet but there is never any music on the device.  Never had any problems withe the ipad 1 via ITunes but this is annoying . Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
anniesboy
Rising Star

Re: Asus Google Nexus7 - Transfer music PC to Device

I have a first generation Nexus7 ,I used  this which worked.
https://www.doubletwist.com/
That was over a year ago,hence there may well be other ways.
got2getatan
Grafter

Thanks, I have just download that and managed to move all my music without any problems. Love this forum. XXXXXXX
WTF
Grafter

You shouldn't actually need any additional softwared, you just need to connect the tablet to your PC via USB then use Windows Explorer (Windows Key + e) to drag and drop the music files to somewhere like \DCIM\Music (under the device's Internal Storage).
You might need to switch the tablet to MTP mode:
Settings .. Storage .. Menu (3 vertical dots) .. USB computer connection
Then select MTP
If you're struggling to find the music files on your PC, in Windows Explorer, open Computer then click on the System (C:) drive.  In the top right hand corner of Windows Explorer there's a Search Libraries box: enter *.mp3 (or the appropriate suffix for your music files) in there and it will locate all of the music files on the PC .. eventually.  You then just need to copy & paste them.
amcclean
Rising Star

I use the Google music app which scans my PC and make remote copies of all my music available to me without the need to keep local copy on the tab or my phone. The app syncs playlists too.