Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Plusnet's Cookies Special?

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Are Plusnet's Cookies Special?

Every time I go to the PN site I am asked to confirm my cookies setting. I do it. Whatever I do - accept, change, save different settings, anything at all, next time I go to the site it asks again.

So what's up? I allow cookies. No other site acts like this. All of my cookies work just fine with dozens of other sites. Are PN's cookies some sort of special breed?

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
2 REPLIES 2
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Are Plusnet's Cookies Special?

I know plusnets cookies have changed recently as I used to just save the forum cookie and that was enough.

Now I have to save the site cookie as well otherwise I get the blah blah cookie pop up when I visit the forum.

Maybe you have an old pre-change cookie messing things up (that needs deleting). Who knows.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Are Plusnet's Cookies Special?

I've only recently been posting again but must admit I'm not a fan of the 'large' cookie prompt, but know why it's there.

What I've noticed so far:

If I'm logged out and come to these forums, every page carries the cookie screen (top image)

If I'm still logged out, but go to change the settings I have some already switched off by default (lower image)

PNCF Cookie prompt.PNG

Regardless to either of the above, as soon as I log in the cookie screen goes away - even if I don't accept or change, so therefore I don't see how I can change them at any time after logging in.

Having said that, I only allow plus.net and lithium.com scripts - all others are set to not trusted (personal preference).

Here's what NoScript (note: experimental) has to say about plus.net and lithium.com (for anybody interested)

https://noscript.net/about/plus.net;plus.net

https://noscript.net/about/lithium.com;lithium.com

With reference to the cookie prompt main page, it states the following "Cookies on the Plusnet website" - I thought I'd found them, until I realised it was actually biscuit crumbs on me laptop screen!! I'll get my coat