cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appointments diary for Windows XP

jmd
Grafter

Re: Appointments diary for Windows XP

Oh I know they fill the screen so that is why I tend to forget to use them!  Then I forget birthdays.  So I use a traditional calender hung up behind the kitchen door which I use for appointments/birthdays etc.  I carry a diary but never use it apart from needing to check when a day is!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

an old sailor shouldn't use sticky notes or tracing paper Sub Crash
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Just makes me glad I was a "dabtoe" on a "skimmer" Grin
Like most trainees, we learned the basics of chart navigation, in the "seamanship" part of our training. But as I was training to be a Radio Operator, I did not think Navigation was that important. However, I must have "taken it in", as during our training, we had to take a wooden MFV from Portsmouth Dockyard, to Alderney, in the Channel Islands.... At age 16, I was the "navigating officer" and I had to "lay the course".  Due to the slow speed of the MFV, the tide changed from helping us along, to hindering us during the early part of the second night. Our ETA at Alderney harbour was around 22:30 and in darkness. 
Each port, has a "noddy`s guide written to assist entry by all types of vessel.  I had marked the chart to arrive at the second buoy, on a particular course, then read the entry for Alderney.
"Entry into Alderney harbour, should not be attempted at night, without previous experience of daylight entry."....  Shocked
Fortunately we tied up at the second buoy without incident.... Smiley
(And I`m still chuffed to bits about it ! ! ! Roll_eyes