Did you mean: 

Apple's first Macintosh turns 25

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi All
The Macintosh - the first Apple computer to bear the name - turns 25 on 24 January.
The machine debuted in 1984 and kicked off a product line that were Apple's flagship computers for many years.
The Macintosh helped popularise the combination of graphical interface and mouse that is ubiquitous today.
The machine was unveiled using a hugely expensive TV advert, directed by film maker Ridley Scott and shown during the US Superbowl on 22 January 1984

I still have one of them and I love it.  Wink
2 REPLIES 2
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Apple's first Macintosh turns 25

I'm a volunteer at TNMOC (see sig) who supplied both Mac's for the video.
The original plan was to use one of the original first model Mac's (the one on the shelf at the back) for the video but it started blowing fuses just before the BeeB picked it up.
psst... don't tell anyone but.... What you can't tell is the screen shots are not all from the machine in front of her as that machine decided not to work properly either after a while, so they cleverly cut to archive footage to show it off.
<blatent plug>
Why not visit the museum to see some of the old systems again
</blatent plug>
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Apple's first Macintosh turns 25

My Mac Plus is fully working still, and so is the floppy disk drive, plus the external floppy disk drive, and the external hard drive, all fully working still.  Cheesy
I would like to get hold of some more Mac Plus programs, to run on the Mac Plus.
I have a number of them, some are:
MacPaint
MacPaint 2
MacDraw
MacDraw 2
MacDraft
MacWrite
MacWrite 2
ClarisWorks
Ready, Set, Go! 3
WriteNow
Super Paint