Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple OSX 10.7.4 update now available via Software Update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thursday 10th May 01:30 am !
( around 2 minutes to download and 10 minutes to install )
Notified via my Apple Support RSS feed.

10 REPLIES 10
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Apple OSX 10.7.4 update now available via Software Update

You only got Safari 5.1.6? On Snow Leopard the update to Safari was for version 5.1.7 how odd.
That's RPM to you!!
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I had to run Software Update again (after updating to 10.7.4) before the updated version of Safari (v 5.1.7) became available.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@acr
Me too...
But my first download was at 01:30am !

Quote from: RPMozley
You only got Safari 5.1.6? On Snow Leopard the update to Safari was for version 5.1.7 how odd.

10.7.4 update followed this morning by Safari 5.1.7 update via daily auto Software update
Thursday 10th May Noon UK Time
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 10.7.4 update seems to have resolved a conflict I was having with Camino 2.1.2 and Javascript, where some web pages would load, then instantly go to a blank white screen, which I initially resolved by reverting to Camino 2.1.1, otherwise it was a case of me disabling Javascript when this happened in Camino 2.1.2
I'm back on Camino 2.1.2. as my default browser again now.
Safari 5.1.7 is my backup browser for when some pages just don't work properly, such as form filling occasionally.
RPMozley
Pro

Hmm... I don't think the update had any influence with what you were seeing in Camino. Just a coincidence that the issue didn't appear after the update. If you do get any issues with Camino you should ask me as, if I can't help directly, I can contact the developers for you in the Camino forum.
Oh and the blank page issue is to do with advertising scripts running something that then fails to load (for some reason, possibly blocked).
That's RPM to you!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks...
I had already raised this with bugzilla via
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=752170
One respondent states .......Apparently some adservers have found a new way (scripting) of loading ads that doesn't work well with Gecko 1.9.2 (Camino and Firefox 3.6).
http://www.kididdles.com/lyrics/l027.html
adserver.adtechus.com is causing the issue
There are similar bugs reported by others, in their own reports.
Whatever the reason, I can now load and view pages I couldn't in Camino 2.1.2 before, that loaded perfectly well in 2.1.1 with Javascript enabled in both.
However, since moving back to 2.1.2, after 10.7.4 update, I haven't rebooted, that may remove the compatibility, and I would then revert back to 2.1.1

Examples:
http://www.12thblog.com/humans-of-new-york/,
http://www.12thblog.com/what-is-this-a-toilet/
http://www.12thblog.com/news-photos/
With Javascript enabled...All would load OK in 2.1.1, loaded then blank pages in 2.1.2, after 10.7.4 update, all ok in 2.1.2 !

Prompted by myself, I've re-booted, 2.1.2. still behaving itself with Javascript on the example sites, as above
RPMozley
Pro

I'll look at those later on when back on my laptop. In the mean time you might want to check out CamiNoScript prefpane to make it a bit easier to block scripts from running.
That's RPM to you!!
RPMozley
Pro

After looking through the source @ www.12thblog.com the ad script is coming from ad-cdn.technoratimedia.com on all of those pages. So just block that server in hosts file (don't know what that is? Click here) or add it to the CamiNoScript list to block.
And for the other site www.kididdles.com, it is indeed adserver.adtechus.com that is at fault there.
That's RPM to you!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: RPMozley
I'll look at those later on when back on my laptop. In the mean time you might want to check out CamiNoScript prefpane to make it a bit easier to block scripts from running.

Thanks, I've downloaded CamiNoScript & Settings Plus from the website.
I'll play with them later.
I also had to make hidden User Library visible again after 10.7.4 update
(Which I also had to do after installing 10.7.1 ...10.7.3 on my new iMac)
To Show User ~/Library in OS X Lion
Launch Terminal from Spotlight or Launchpad -> Utilities, and enter the following command to show the directory:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/
The users Library folder will immediately become visible again.

For anyone else that needs to do it.
Trevor
Grafter

Quote from: PlusComUK
I also had to make hidden User Library visible again after 10.7.4 update
(Which I also had to do after installing 10.7.1 ...10.7.3 on my new iMac)
To Show User ~/Library in OS X Lion
Launch Terminal from Spotlight or Launchpad -> Utilities, and enter the following command to show the directory:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/
The users Library folder will immediately become visible again.

For anyone else that needs to do it.

Or, for those of us who shy away from Terminal, just hold down the option key and your Library folder will appear in the Go menu.
Trevor