cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Mail

v3a
Grafter

Apple Mail

Is anybody else having trouble with Apple Mail?
I'm on Madasafish and can't get emails in Apple Mail  --- only weekdays and only from about 8am to after 10pm.
I get Mail overnight (if I sit up late!) and weekends.
I've tried Sea Monkey and same thing happens.
Madasafish support is not helping!
(No access on port 110)
I think it is a server problem, but just checking if there is an AppleMail problem too.
MacBook, OSX 10.5.8
Mail 3.6
4 REPLIES 4
Waldo
Grafter

Re: Apple Mail

The next time Mail is unable to connect to the server see if you can telnet into the mail server from Terminal.
Something like

$ telnet mail.plus.net 110
Trying 212.159.9.81...
Connected to mail.plus.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK Hello there.
^]
telnet> q
Connection closed.

If you can't connect with telnet I'd tend to agree with it being a server problem.
v3a
Grafter

Thanks, Waldo, and sorry for the delay - I'd forgotten I'd put this post up - I've spent HOURS and DAYS trying to sort this.
I have done the Terminal command you suggest and during the day, I get unable to connect, then timed out. I've just done it again now and I have the Connected to mail.madasafish.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK madasafish.com POP3 server ready to roll [80.229.139.77]
Although my Mail still won't connect Console says I need a password, but there is no request for pasword in Mail!
My Mail usually starts loading around 10.30pm, but is out all day on weekdays.
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

There is currently an upgrade happening for the past few days, and for the next few days, in which customers of Madasafish are being migrated to a new mail platform, to rectify this problem, due to the amount of load the current system is under.
Have you tried a different mail program, such as Entourage?
v3a
Grafter

I have tried Sea Monkey, Postbox Plus, Thunderbird. All cannot access port 110 during waking hours weekdays.
All work fine at weekends, except the odd few minutes this weekend.