cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Airplay

Mark10172

Apple Airplay

Hoping someone might be able to provide advice on fixing an Apple Airplay issue otherwise it's 45 minutes on hold to speak to Plusnet tech support!!

I've got a networked hi-fi receiver (Denon AVR-1713) connected to my Plusnet Hub One. On devices connected to the same network (e.g. laptop, iPhone) iTunes should show the option of playing content through the Denon but generally doesn't. If I re-set everything iTunes picks up the Denon and all works OK but then the connection disappears again shortly afterwards. The Denon is connected to the internet fine as internet radio stations are working. I didn't have the same problem before switching to Plusnet from TalkTalk and suspect it could be the Plusnet router. Some issues with IGMP settings have been reported https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4272768?tstart=0 but I can't work out how to do this or even if this is possible with the Hub One. Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Apple Airplay

The hub one will have igmp snooping and igmp proxy turned on as default as Plusnet need this to deliver their TV packages.
I doubt very much that there is an option in the router's web interface to disable this. But I can't confirm this as I don't have a hub one to look at.