cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having probs ftp'ing to ftp.plus.net?

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Anyone else having probs ftp'ing to ftp.plus.net?

Is there anyone still using their included web space? I play around with mine (no comments please) but I'm having problems recently uploading a gif just over 26KB using filezilla version 3.28.0. It keeps getting to 14,520 exactly, hanging, timing out then trying again but asking if I want to replace the partial file it just uploaded.

I uploaded the file to another host without any problem then changed the link in my html and it all went fine. The image displays as expected.

It's not a 'biggy' but it's got me baffled.

4 REPLIES 4
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Re: Anyone else having probs ftp'ing to ftp.plus.net?

For the sake of completeness - whatever/wherever the problem was it's gone away. I tried again today and all is back to normal Roll_eyes

p.s. I should add that I have a weather station that updates every 15 minutes and that was working without any probs whilst I was failing with the gif.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Is it only that 1 gif you're having problems with and do other files upload correctly?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Hello Chris -  yes it was just the one anigif. It has uploaded normally now so I don't know what the problem was. As I said initially although it wouldn't upload to my PlusNet webspace, there was no problem uploading it to another host. Justy one of those mysteries Smiley

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Very strange, thanks for taking the time to come back and let us know it fixed itself though!

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.