cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Know Of Black ice Security?

zedingrove
Grafter

Anyone Know Of Black ice Security?

I go through Internet Security programs like... Am on Kaspersky at the mo and it is the pits. always wanting to update it's database, as of yet have not managed to do that as previous I had a slow connection (mobile broadband), but now got plusnet. Appears know matter how fast connection is, the update progress bar sticks on 15%, why? Because Kaspersky's server (which you connect to) is on over load as every day needs to be updated.
Might just go back to the old ways not use anything!!!
4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Anyone Know Of Black ice Security?

Quote from: zedingrove
no matter how fast connection is, the update progress bar sticks on 15%, why?

Perhaps a pre-existing virus on your computer blocks the update?  I use Kaspersky without any problems, as do may others.  The initial update when you first install it can take quite a while but it's fine after that.  But it sounds as if you never managed that initial update so you are unprotected.
You could always use the free Microsoft Security Essentials instead. 
Anonymous
Not applicable
zedingrove
Grafter

Thanks for the links purleigh  the 2nd one down works a treat and no uninstall needed....
purleigh  & ReedRichards Thanks but you did ever so slightly miss the point to this post, yes the update works, but still Kas uses upto 80% resources.
The title of post is Black Ice Protection, it was and might still be a program way ahead of any other internet security....
>BlackICE PC Protection by Internet Security Systems prevents intruders from accessing your computer, and that's the main job for a firewall. BlackICE PC Protection lacks the extra features that our top-ranked products offer; these give you added protection from Trojans, adware and intrusive cookies (data stored on your computer by websites you visit).
IBM Internet Security Systems has announced the End of Life for BlackICE PC Protection (formerly known as BlackICE Defender) and BlackICE Server Protection (formerly known as BlackICE Defender for Server).
So you see why I am asking, why do I want something out dated? Well Black ice was never intended for the retail market, fact that the CIA had it installed on their servers says a lot. It was 100% user config unlike retail products which lets face it are one humungous con!
To read further into this I will be starting a new thread, titled Internet Security
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

and I have just moved it to Chit Chat as that is the best place for it