cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any users of the new Mac Mini?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any users of the new Mac Mini?

Ah! Thanks @dvorak - It must be a pre-solder thing as this mac was a 'custom' build as well having 32GB in it.

That's the intention, I'm hoping Crucial's software will work on it so I get the correct stuff, the intention is to shoehorn 64GB in to it.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

It will Crucial, have a mac version.
I have a 2015 iMac I upgraded the RAM on with no issues.

It'll be a sweet machine with 64GB RAM in it Smiley

For the MacBook Pro had to pay the hefty apple tax to get it up to 32GB.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep it's criminal they want just under 1K to provide it with 64GB from the factory, I mean, that's crazy and equally crazy money. For me, I hope to see change out of £600.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Have You Got A Light Mac?

…No – but I have a dark brown overcoat!

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Anonymous
Not applicable

My new Mac arrived yesterday so I spent a bit of time getting that ready, faffing with gas arms and my new 4K monitor and then by using my Time Machine I restored it to where I left off with the other one yesterday.

One thing that I wasn’t aware of and I only found out when I went to get more memory is on the Apple site it says that the memory is configurable to 64GB so during my chat with the online sales person, who confirmed that the cover on the rear of the Mac was for user memory upgrade I just bought the 8GB base model.

But what the sales person didn’t tell me was that only two of the four slots are available to the user so you can only upgrade to a max of 32GB. Kind of disappointed but not the end of the world either. I've now ordered these from crucial and I'm now playing the waiting game.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I'm sure that's not right - all four slots should be available to you.

EDIT: https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/05/how-to-upgrade-27-inch-5k-imac-2019-128-gb-ram-video-tutorial/ suggests you can user upgrade to 128GB.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anonymous
Not applicable

From seeing that @dvorak you're right and it explains quite a lot, so I'm just going to change my order with crucial...

Nope it won't allow me, so I'll just order another pair set.