Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one know how to access a sharepoint db using php

Patch
Grafter

Any one know how to access a sharepoint db using php

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could thin of a way to access a sharepoint database from php.
I am open to any suggestions. A client uses a sharepoint server on a shared host. i help out with their website which is php/mysql.
I was trying to find a way to get the latest updates to document lists on the sharepoint system into their existing website.
Even if I could find a way to get the sharepoint list displayed as xml, that would be a start.
As you can probably tell my sharepoint knowledge is pretty limited, so if anyone has any suggestions/ideas that would be great.
Thanks
Patch
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Any one know how to access a sharepoint db using php

A quick google search found this which may point you in the right direction.
Patch
Grafter

Re: Any one know how to access a sharepoint db using php

Hi Peter,
I had found this before, and thought it sounded like the solution to my problems, but when I downloaded the SharePoint Services 3.0 SDK, but it did not help me at all.
I was hoping someone here might have had experience of such a task, and would be able to say... "it's easy all you do is ....".
And unfortunatly as the sharepoint server is hosted on a shared server, we are not even able to use the "unsupported" version mentioned on this site, as we can not access the sql server directly.
Thanks for looking though,
Patch