Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on BB phone problems?

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Any news on BB phone problems?

Is there any update on getting BB phone working properly? As it is at the moment it's next to usless for making outgoing calls (Although still being advertised). It's hit and miss how many times you have to dial out without getting "No responce from server" and getting connected.
This has been an ongoing problem for a VERY long time so a fix should have been found by now.
9 REPLIES 9
James
Grafter

Re: Any news on BB phone problems?

George,
Expect some news on this very, very shortly.
Bob is hopeful that he'll be able to get a blog post out by the end of today.
glloyd
Rising Star

That's good news thanks.
glloyd
Rising Star

What happened to the blog?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Possibly a few extra i's needed dotting and a few further t's crossing before Bob could make the blog post.
It's not far off now.
pcoventry76
Grafter

BB Phone continues to work fine for me - i still get the odd occasion where it hangs for about 20 minutes after i finish the call but that's probably about 1 in 20 calls i make
fotobits
Rising Star

It's now over a week during which time I've enjoyed 100% reliability using my ATA-connected home-phones with PlusNet's Broadband 'phone service.
I will only judge progress after a trouble-free 2/3-months, as over the last 18-months there have been a number of false dawns!
However, credit where it's due, well done!
Is the improvement due to a hardware/software change or just manual intervention to clear the error condition as it arises?
I'm so looking forward to the news about the new product.  I hope it's good!
Regards
fotobits
Rising Star

Another week of a trouble-free Broadband 'phone service, using an analogue telephone adapter and ordinary home 'phones.
It is now 2-weeks without any problems!
Really good, well done +Net!
Regards
glloyd
Rising Star

You must be very lucky them because half the time I can't even register and when it does I keep getting a server error and may have to retry several times before I can make a call out. I'm using a Granstream GXP-2000 which works perfectly on Sipgate.
fotobits
Rising Star

Oh crikey!  Sorry George, I imagined we were suffering from the same problem by wanting the system to support our ordinary home 'phones and that it was the X-Lite users that were trouble-free!
After all my grumbles, I felt it was only fair to give PlusNet my newly found positive feed-back!
However, I'm not cheering too loudly yet, I reckon I want three trouble-free months before that!
Regards