Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any iPhone experts here? - we have a member with problems

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Any iPhone experts here? - we have a member with problems

Quote from: twocvbloke
Should this not be under Apple/Linux software? Unless the screen's cracked or the chassis bent like a banana, it's not really a hardware issue....

Well in my book a Phone is Hardware, and I can't see any useful threads on the Mac/Linux Software board in any event!
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Anotherone
Well in my book a Phone is Hardware

So if Windows was mucked up due to a software bug, it goes into hardware because it's on PC hardware?? Roll_eyes
Anotherone
Champion

I see quite a few posts on the email board about iPhone problems and email, as this user is having one problem with an email address maybe the thread ought to be one there. In fact, as we don't know what the real problem is, it could almost be argued that the thread should go anywhere relevant to any of the problems.
You don't know that this is a software problem, a hardware problem or what.
One thing is for certain, you last post was not helpful to Wimpywoo and just to make a further point if you suddenly started having BSODs on your PC, you may not be aware of whether it was a hardware issue or a software issue, so I certainly wouldn't be moaning about someone posting on the Hardware board in those circumstances, I'd try and be as helpful as I could be.
So unless you are some sort of iPhone expert, perhaps you should go and carry on posting on the General Election thread.
NedLudd
Grafter

Quote from: Wimpywoo
Hi, thank you for your reply, yes it is possible to factory reset an iPhone because I have already done it but it didn't resolve anything unfortunately.

You could really do with connecting the iPhone to iTunes via a PC and reloading the IOS. It is becoming difficult to advise further without you doing that!  Undecided
Geoff,
York.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's Note
I have removed some posts that were, to put it mildly were off topic.
Please keep this thread on track.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Wimpywoo
Grafter

As I said at the start of this thread I know nothing about iPhones, but I did understand that Android phones can get viruses, so at this point, I'm not sure that I want to believe
Quote from: chenks76
phones don't get "viruses".

as a generalised statement, especially as no other helpful advice has been posted by chenks76. Malware might be a better generalised term to use and I understand that some FREE apps can contain malware (so not a virus in the traditional sense) and the most obvious solution to that is to remove these apps to start with.
yes I agree totally with what you have written and maybe it was a dodgy app who knows but I have removed the old email and all the apps that was attached to it and reinstalled the phone but I have not done a hard reset ...yet Smiley my next question would be though ( this may seem like I'm a bit overthinking way too much .. That I do a lot of ) but if you go and reinstall a iPhone from a computer .. A computer that you can't install a antivirus on for some unknown reason ... Wouldn't you be just going around in circles ? Thanks
Anotherone
Champion

What's the computer OS? And what AV were you trying to install?
Wimpywoo
Grafter

I have not got a computer , I'm going by past issues that I had with an old  iPhone and my daughters iPhone , iPhone fours that was opening Trojan ports on the router when I was with sky, the Trojan ports when I looked them up was very serious ones , yet I never download anything illegally, we was getting redirects And everything on the computer we had at the time... Basically we've had so many problems it's unbelievable what I have had to go through to find the information or lack of about computers and phones and technology and I lost both parents as well ( I'm not looking for sympathy though) just been a very stressful eight nine years. Thank you for your reply.
Anotherone
Champion

Well I wouldn't try to re-install an OS except from a computer I knew to be bug free. You really need NedLudd to guide you here. I would assume you could do it from any computer with iTunes, but if a Windows one, definitely with an up-to-date working AV, I'm sure NedLudd could advise.
PS. You don't need to thank us all the time just for replying Wink
Wimpywoo
Grafter

Thats what I thought ... I have not got a computer and I would never use someone else's either , A hammer springs to mind ... Maybe a better option Wink but thank you for trying to help.
Anotherone
Champion

If it's someone you can trust and has some technical knowledge and if they have iTunes, it shouldn't be a problem, but I don't know what else may be involved, so wait for NedLudd to post back.
Wimpywoo
Grafter

If it's someone you can trust and has some technical knowledge and if they have iTunes, it shouldn't be a problem, but I don't know what else may be involved, so wait for NedLudd to post back.
thank you I will wait for NedLudd and see what he can suggest (if he doesn't mind) I did try to hard reset this iPhone but it kept turning back on, I might try it again a bit later on. If all else fails... There will be a lot of iPhone bits trail. Smiley
Wimpywoo
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
Moderator's Note
I have removed some posts that were, to put it mildly were off topic.
Please keep this thread on track.
sorry about that.
NedLudd
Grafter

There are cases known where a Mac has passed something on to an iPhone. But, there are none where a PC has passed something over.
However, there is one case in the USA of a router being compromised and that affecting an iPhone!
The iPhone would be quite safe connected to a PC and ITunes for a re-install of the IOS. The PC would probably be Ok but there are no guaranties!
Maybe you could install one of the free Antivirus proggies. Don't rely on MS Essentials - that's no better than no anti-virus!
Geoff,
York.
NedLudd
Grafter

PS - one way to remove the Jailbreak is to update to the latest IOS. It takes time for any new IOS to be Jailbroken and the 'break' is IOS specific!
It's not something I have ever done, but I was a mod on an (now redundant) iPhone forum for a couple of years so I am familiar with Jailbreak!
Geoff,
York.