cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any folks here use Sandboxie?

God
Grafter

Any folks here use Sandboxie?

I know this product has some big fans but I am interested to find out the experiences of folks here.
4 REPLIES 4
God
Grafter

Re: Any folks here use Sandboxie?

Well quite a few folks have read my original post and no replies so I suppose it is probable that not many here have heard of sandboxie. It is worth checking out, essentially you are able to run a browser or an application in a confined space that will allow it to function but only write and change items within the sandbox, limiting access to your real system. Details here: http://www.sandboxie.com
God
Grafter

I do VERY occasionally have to visit the dark side and am planning to use it amongst other items as protection. I have used it under regular conditions and thought it was very good, but I am keen to find out if anyone has used it in.. erm 'hostile' conditions.
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

You may be interested to know that Acronis True Image Version 11, just released, has a new "Try&Decide" feature which they describe thus:-
"Turn your system into a safe sandbox for installing new software or browsing potentially risky websites"
Not tried it yet but I am considering an upgrade from the V10 I have at the moment.
Cliff
God
Grafter

Oh! Interesting. I am considering the upgrade as well, nothing to stop anyone trying the 30 day trial though.  Grin