cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android - restarting apps while using the web?

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Android - restarting apps while using the web?

My phone seems to have an annoying habit of killing certain apps / services when using the internet - stock browser or chrome.

I'll find that after a few minutes I see the "App permission management is running" message flash up several times - seperated by a minute or so between.

Also Tasker will vanish - it does restart but it appears that it's been killed off for that to happen.

The same happens with Automate - it vanishes but doesn't always restart. I have one process in Automate that is critical and must run all day on certain days but it's no good if android kills it.

Any ideas? - I've tried googling but never seem to have any luck finding what i'm looking for.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
5 REPLIES 5
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Android - restarting apps while using the web?

The memory manager in android will kill apps that are not being used if it needs more memory, what is the spec of the phone how much ram?
Try using an automatic task killer app and mark the automate as a DO NOT KILL one. That sometimes helps.
7up
Community Veteran

It's a quad core 1GHz with 1GB ram. Admittedly I think the ram is the problem here as i do have a lot of stuff running on the phone and it has become a bit sluggish..

Any ideas for the app you mention? - preferably free..

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

THIS is the one I use

7up
Community Veteran

Ta

7up
Community Veteran

Well I was just about to install that today but decided to do a scan using malwarebytes. Guess what? It also got killed off. This seems odd considering that there was still around 350Mb of ram available and then i remembered that i used to use the browser with 8 tabs open with no adverse effects. This got me thinking that something else might be wrong instead.

So I done some detective work (hit google lol) and found others with similar symptoms. One person said they did some debugging via usb and traced it down to the downloader and said that by stopping / disabling it, clearing the data and restarting the phone fixed it.

I did the same and now i can use the internet (or at least it seems that way at present) without automate, tasker and app permissions being killed / restarted.