Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android home screen problem - SGS4

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Android home screen problem - SGS4

Hi,
Having issues with Samsung Galaxy S4, when I close down an app and returns to the home screen.  The apps don't appear until 2 seconds later.
My phone is very fast, problem still occurs when i've freed up RAM and closed running apps.
Updated via Kies
I have 10GB free on external storage (SD) and 6.49GB Device storage
Below is a screenshot I managed to get.
Also whenever I try to close a tab on internet browser ( not chrome) it crashes.
It's really frustrating, I just want to throw my phone at the wall.
Help appreciated
Thanks
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
4 REPLIES 4
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Android home screen problem - SGS4

If the home screen app allows it try the "Stay in Memory" option. Looks like it is reloading it everytime.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: NorthEasterner
Having issues with Samsung Galaxy S4, when I close down an app and returns to the home screen.  The apps don't appear until 2 seconds later.

This is easily solved.
Delete all apps and use a phone solely for telephonic purposes.
If you want apps, buy a small games console thing. Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I've found the solution.
I had modified a setting in the developer options, I turned off developer options, and has seemed to fix all my problems.
It was the 'Do not keep activities' setting I un ticked it, and that did the job.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Avoid the temptation to root or modify this phone - in any way,shape or form. There is a problem with the S3 and S4,where the phone goes into a constant freeze/wait loop, as my son found out to his cost.
Unfortunately, previously,  he broke the outer screen and rather than pay a small fortune to send it back to Samsung for repair, repaired it himself for a fraction of the cost. Now he has this problem and they tell him he has invalidated his warranty. He now has a brick,a very expensive brick, that he has to pay monthly rental on for 11 months @  £34 a month.  Cry
Google it, and good luck.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/359369-samsung-galaxy-s3-randomly-freezes.html