cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime

zzdpmjpr
Hooked

Amazon Prime

Not sure if this is the right place but if someone could help or point me in the right direction I would be grateful. 

I have been trying to use Amazon Prime through my youview box (Humax DTRT2100 from BT originally). I believe this has been available with Plusnet for the last year or so.

It shows as an available app but when I get to the sign in screen, whilst I can navigate around the screen, I am unable to enter any characters at all in the id and password fields. I believe everything is up to date.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Many thanks 

John

4 REPLIES 4
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Amazon Prime

Hi @zzdpmjpr  Plusnet do not offer the Amazon Prime app on our platform and there are currently no plans to add it. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
zzdpmjpr
Hooked

Many thanks for your response.

Two things threw me.

Prime video is an app on my youview box. Why have it there if it is not available.

A thread in February said people were streaming. I assumed it was video but on reflection it was probably just music.

Anyway it is not a problem for me. Again, thanks

John

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

@zzdpmjpr  I have the plusnet Youview box, which has the prime App. After reading your posting (and having a Prime "free trial" at the moment) I started the App, added the log-in details and the App ran fine streaming the selected item.

When you get to the register screen with the e-mail/mobile box highlighted (in orange?) press the OK button on the handset, then the on-screen keyboard appears and you should be able to register your box.

This assumes that there is no BT/Plusnet "lock-out" mechanism in play.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
zzdpmjpr
Hooked

PeeGee, many thanks  - you are absolutely right. I signed straight in and as a Prime member seem to have unfettered access.

Hey Ho - I wonder what is causing the confusion!