cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Music

sultana
Hooked

Amazon Music

Not really sure which section would be best for this so...

I’ve had an Echo Dot for well over a year and to be fair it has served it purpose reasonably well as a radio during that time.
Last week we decided to give Amazon music a try as it’s a 1 month free trial but, tracks stutter quite frequently, radio is ok just not the streaming of Amazon music is the problem.

Whilst perusing the internet for an answer to this, one suggestion was to change the frequency from 2.4Ghz - 5 in the router settings alas, it’s still stuttering throughout. Now I know many of you have streaming services and some use Amazon hardware.

Have any of you had similar issues and resolved it?

Moderators Note: Post tidied up to make it readable.

5 REPLIES 5
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Amazon Music

The first suggestion I would make would be to log into Amazon on another wifi device and see how it is there. 

You could perhaps download the app Netgear wifi Analytics which will check wifi strength and how many others using the same channel anywhere in your house.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@sultana 

Amazon music download music at higher quality than radio programmes. These need a faster internet connection..

Check the speed that you are getting by locating a wireless device/computer close to your echo and do a download speed test using the same wireless  link (but not both together, disconnect the echo first). You need at least 1.5 Mbps.

If you have speed problems then come back for further advice.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

sultana
Hooked

The difference in speed between my Living room, where the router is situated and the kitchen, where my Echo sits is about 70%. Distance is only about 25ft or so. 
Anyway, after some reading and advice from another forum, I’ve bought a WiFi repeater/extender, seems to be working ok. Time will tell.

Thanks

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

So @sultana I guess that'll be your currant advice Grin

sultana
Hooked

Speed in my living room is pretty stable @ around 40Mpbs but in the kitchen it fluctuates between 14 and less than 1Mb.Extender having made little difference  

Pretty frustrating when the distance between a good speed and not is less than a couple of feet.