Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Firestick

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Amazon Firestick

Only thing I missed on the Amazon firestick was the ability to use a mouse with it, however I have just twigged that a OTG cable was the solution to the problem.

Fortunately on my current tv these is a usb socket but assuming you had a tv without such a socket it might be worth using the cable via a firestick or Android box to play videos off your phone ( I cannot check this out as I only have a simple 2G mobile)

No doubt there are others on the forum who may already be doing this.....

We are born into history and history is born into us.
3 REPLIES 3
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Amazon Firestick

@gleneagles wrote:

Only thing I missed on the Amazon firestick <> I have just twigged that a OTG cable was the solution to the problem.

Fortunately on my current tv these is a usb socket but assuming you had a tv without such a socket it might be worth using the cable via a firestick or Android box to play videos off your phone

Mmm My fire stick only has an HDMI output with the USB connection only supplying the power to it.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@idonno 

Have a look at OTG cable and Amazon firestick on the internet......there is a fair amount of info about it.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

So I see. Interesting. Might go well with the mini wireless keyboard I bought for £6. Although saying that I've never really had much problems with the controller that comes as standard with the firestick, quite small as it is.

This looks an interesting device as well.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?