Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Echo and Philips Hue

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Echo and Philips Hue

I have an Amazon Show 5 and a set of Philips Hue LEDs strips and I'd like to sync the lights to the music playing on the Show. I've looked around and created the required 'Entertainment Zone' but I can't find out how to actually start there is nothing obvious anywhere that I can see, either that I'm missing the obvious.

Just in case it makes a difference the output of the Show 5 is connected to my Amplifier.

2 REPLIES 2
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Amazon Echo and Philips Hue

Fix

@Anonymous 

Maybe Alexa is a tad different, but I have a Google Home setup (hubs, nest doorbell, nest thermostats etc), with a Phillips Hue Light setup and the entertainment zones only seemed to work when using the PC Desktop Hue app - which seems weird, but it would only work plugging my laptop into a HDMI port and running whatever from there. 

They're releasing a new Philips Hue box to allow syncing with anything, and charging a lot of money to do something that should have been present in their current setup, especially as everything connects up to the Bridge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Echo and Philips Hue

Thanks for the reply @JOLO, when following the resource I found on the Internet regards the 'Entertainment Zone' it went on to mention installing the Hue App on the PC / Mac so I guess this is the only way it can be done (hopefully for now).