cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amateur radio incompatibility with broadband.

raven17

Amateur radio incompatibility with broadband.

If your MaxDSL keeps dropping out when you transmit take a look at:
http://www.ky-filters.com/ac.htm
The support team do not appreciate the problem.
Take a look it worked for me.
Regards
Graham
7 REPLIES 7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Amateur radio incompatibility with broadband.

Any reason you put this under the phone tab, I would have thought it should have gone under one of the general tabs as the info is essential for some people Cool
chillypenguin
Grafter

mod:note
Moved to Everything Internet.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: raven17
If your MaxDSL keeps dropping out when you transmit take a look at:
http://www.ky-filters.com/ac.htm
Regards
Graham

I presume you are referring to the RF-1 filter or the mains torroid/filters  Smiley
At a guess, the AM-1 may be OK for dial-up but would kill your broadband dead  Cry
Rgds
samuria
Grafter

I dont see why Ham radio should kill BB in the computer shop we had we taught people for the Ham Radio license and the transmitters were 3 feet from a wireless router and nothing ever dropped.
Not only that the shop ran a radio Internet with a big antena  suppling the local streets 6 foot from the ham antena and no problems.
pd
Grafter

I have a USB to IDE adapter which I used to use as a quick connection to get stuff off an otherwise non-bootable hard drive but the RF that used to put out used to play havoc with my modem/router, it would drop and be continually trying to synch until I'd finished. That was until I started to use an aluminium case to screen the drive.
raven17

Quote from: samuria
I dont see why Ham radio should kill BB in the computer shop we had we taught people for the Ham Radio license and the transmitters were 3 feet from a wireless router and nothing ever dropped.
Not only that the shop ran a radio Internet with a big antena  suppling the local streets 6 foot from the ham antena and no problems.

The bands which I work on are harmonically related to the broadband signal and the proximity of my aerial to the phone line, which is roughly a quarter wave on the band I work most, kill the connection.  I am not surprised it's overload.
BTW antenna are the things insects use to feel their way around radio amateurs use aerials.
I do apologise for posting this information, after going round in circles trying to cure my problem and no help from PlusNet I just thought the answer might help someone who had a similar problem.
Two filters in series absolutely cure the problem.  The other filter mentioned in posts deals with another problem, two in fact, but seeing as my comments were not welcome I will not waste time and effort attempting to enlighten those on this facility.
Regards
Graham
raven17

Quote from: pd
I have a USB to IDE adapter which I used to use as a quick connection to get stuff off an otherwise non-bootable hard drive but the RF that used to put out used to play havoc with my modem/router, it would drop and be continually trying to synch until I'd finished. That was until I started to use an aluminium case to screen the drive.

That is a totally different problem as you will probably appreciate from my previous post.
Screening and dealing with power supply leads and even the computer itself are all importatant and I am glad you sorted your problem.
Regards
Graham