Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All in one printer suggestions?

MrC
Grafter

Re: All in one printer suggestions?

Quote from: jmdlp
Has anyone used a HP

I'd have to say that an HP wouldn't be top of my personal list for a consumer grade printer. The hardware isn't too bad (although I know of a few duff models - the HP3210 springs to mind) but the bundled software has been pretty dire compared to the competition's offerings. It's unintuitive, bug-ridden and has inappropriate and annoying pop-up dialogue boxes.
Pity really as their higher-end hardware used to be brilliant.
Mike
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The only time I installed HP software it completely stopped me using another printer as it changed all the settings for the LPT port - that shows how long ago it was and I haven't touched one since
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I'm guessing my friend has acquired a printer now. Not sure which one but I received a text message today requesting my services to go round and sort it so that they can print wirelessly from their lappy  Roll_eyes

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

techguy
Grafter

Personally after owning an All-in-one (Lexmark X1180) I am more firmly a believer in separate dedicated devices.
Had a problem with the ink and the scanner kept getting stuck, however if only one function goes wrong you have to junk the whole device even though the other bits maybe working with no problem.
So now have a Canoscan LIDE 90 scanner and a HP Laserjet 1018 printer which I'll be replacing shortly due to the fact its fouling the side of the paper with toner and it sounds like it'll cost me as much for the parts to fix as it will to get a new one as it only cost me £50 new and of course the warranty has now expired.

Perhaps I should not have posted as I find printers annoying!
jmd
Grafter

Well I decided to go ahead and ordered the HP C6380 - it was already a good price at Comet and by ordering onlne got another 10% off, and could collect it at local store.  Got home, unpacked, set it up, installed software - all very straightforward.  So now can ask for prints downstairs on laptop and the printer produces them upstairs [as long as switched on and loaded with paper of course!]
The photos I have printed are good, and the sheet of text I did to to see is very good.
The setting up etc took less time than to uninstall all the Epson stuff of the computer!