Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Two Weeks, Firefox 5 Is Already Used by More People than Firefox 4

Steve
Seasoned Pro

After Two Weeks, Firefox 5 Is Already Used by More People than Firefox 4

I wonder why Roll_eyes
Firefox 5 has been available for about two weeks now. It's the first release under the new rapid development cycle at Mozilla and was pushed as a security update for Firefox 4. It shouldn't be much of a surprise then that Firefox 5 already has a bigger market share than the Firefox 4 it's replacing.

More Here......http://news.softpedia.com/news/After-Two-Weeks-Firefox-5-Is-Already-Used-by-More-People-than-Firefox-4-209641.shtml
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
3 REPLIES 3
Heloman
Grafter

Re: After Two Weeks, Firefox 5 Is Already Used by More People than Firefox 4

The answer to your query is in the very next sentence in your quoted link:
"Compared to previous releases, even the relatively recent Firefox 4, that's a huge improvement in adoption, but one to be expected since Firefox 5 was pushed via the automated update channel."
That's why I'm using FF5 . It was included in my normal package updates 🙂
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Same here, but I M$ users don't get this help. They have to update it themselves (or via the update link in the browser) rather than it being automatically sent to them.
Heloman
Grafter

True, of course.
But having recently bought a new box with Win7 pre-installed I occasionally boot to Windows just to keep it updated. Last time I did so and opened FF, it informed me that FF5  was available and just to click here. Which I did.
Sooner or later I'll get bored/need the space and I'll wipe Win7, as I did with XP previously........