cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice please about IPhone

tgr
Grafter

Advice please about IPhone

I have an android phone which is several years old. As most of my stuff is apple PC, iPad etc I am going to upgrade to an iPhone when the new one comes out hopefully this September.  As my eyesight isn't so good I am going to get the one with the larger screen as I believe it will be better viewing for me.  I am wondering if because the screen is larger do they fit in your pocket OK.  I normally put my phone in my front trouser  pocket with no problems.  Is there any other problems I should be thinking of.  What size ram is advisable etc?
Thank you
Gordon
4 REPLIES 4
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Advice please about IPhone

you mean the iPhone 6 or the 6 Plus?
the 6 Plus is huge and will struggle to sit well in a pocket (see "bend gate").
the 6 is still quite big so it'll depend on your pocket.
you don't get a choice of RAM with iPhones, are you actually talking about storage size?
general rule is get the best one you can afford.
tgr
Grafter

sorry for being so vague chenks but I am 76 year old just a youngster these days Cheesy  However I am not that clued up on them.  must admit I read somewhere about the bend factor.  And yes I probably am thinking about storage factor as I shall want to keep some family photos on it.  Fortunately or unfortunately depending how you want to look at it because of glaucoma (controlled by eye drops) I decided to give up my car so the money saved on not having a car/insurance/tax etc can be spent on the phone so will do as you suggest and get a better phone.  But shall wait till the latest one comes out possibly in Sept/Oct
thank you
Gordon
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

the iphone does have accessibility features for making text larger.
might be worth going into an apple store and playing with one so you can see which is better.
NedLudd
Grafter

Have a look at this site!
https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone-6/specs/
Geoff,
York.