cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Domain transfer out from PN

Dducks
Hooked

Advice on Domain transfer out from PN

I have a domain ( .co.uk) registered with Plusnet. I'm now wanting to move it so I have flexibility of isp choice.

My main use of the domain is for personal email and a limited website.

In transferring the domain what I'm looking for is:

Easy transfer of my domain to the new registrant

Email: IMAP with storage up to (say) 5GB; automatic forwarding leaving email on my storage (i.e. copy not move); transfer of email currently on Plusnet servers; additional email accounts on domain can be created if needed.

Website: Hosting of limited number of web pages; control panel to add more facilities if needed; limited storage space; limited traffic; ability to enhance by changing contract if needed.

Help facilities: Good online documentation; phone support (not at premium rate); response to email queries/ticket system.

As someone who has not moved a domain before I would be grateful for any advice on doing this and recommendations as to which company to choose. So far I have looked at 123-REG and Krystal Hosting.

Many thanks for your help

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Advice on Domain transfer out from PN

I can personally recommend https://netnerd.com/  (Was FVS Free Virtual Servers).  I've now moved three domains to them in the last 18 months based on my initial tentative move.  😊

Typical support response time 15 - 30 minutes.  (And responses are good and appropriate)

Uses CPanel.

The last site migration was completed and operational in about 3 hours.

Give them a call.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

I've been using Ecohosting https://ecohosting.co.uk/ for a few months now for an email account on a new domain. Service seems to be fine, cant say about support since ive not had to use it. The basic web hosting and email is really good value at £14.99/yr.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dducks
Hooked

Thanks for this suggestion.  I'm having a look at it now