cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Please

mystery
Grafter

Advice Please

HELP  I have recently purchased a Tesco Siemens Dualphone model DP450, which is the same as the Siemens S450 IP phone (accept it has Tesco printed on base station).  After attempting everything I have been unable to get the phone to connect to the server. I have tried everything from the tips in the manual, to changing computer and router settings, to resetting handset and base unit and re-registering the handset to base. I also tried a new ethernet cable just in case it was the cable which was faulty. 
The phone is working fine and connects to the router without problems, it is just connecting to the server and setting up provider details etc which I'm having problems with.  It has been suggested that it could be a faulty base station or a problem with the firmware not having installed properly. Unfortunately I cannot download up to date firmware as I'm unable to connect to the server, no'r access the firmware via the web browser...............
Although after hours on the phone, I have been promised a replacement, I am worried that it could be something else and I will have the same problem with the replacement phone, If anyone has purchased this phone, or the Siemend S450IP and have had similar problems, or there is someone from Siemens tech services reading this, I would be grateful for your comments and advice.
Update.  Now in posession of replacement phone and guess what?!! Same problem.  Messages "cannot access server" and "check IP settings" continue to pop up.  My router is a safecom SWAMR 54108 with recently upgraded firmware.