cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe customer care

Teds31
Grafter

Adobe customer care

I have just received a E-mail supposed to come from Adobe customer care ,saying that there has been a attack on their site on3rd October 2013 and passwords have been stolen, they are asking me to go to a website which sounds very much like the Adobe site and re set my password and the same password on any other web site. does any one know if this is a scam. I don't really know if I have a Adobe pass word and what I would use it for. Ted.
8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Adobe customer care

Adobe did have their servers compromised and accounts stolen, whether the email you got is genuine I do not know.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Almost probably a scam, best to ignore or if super cautious change passwords via normal means rather than any link in an email.
That's RPM to you!!
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Adobe last a huge stack of passwords recently.
Customer care are obviously not very careful.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received one of these emails recently.  Roll_eyes
Having thoroughly checked the email header, and the fact that it was sent to a unique email address that I have only ever used for Adobe services, I came to the conclusion that it was a genuine email from Adobe.
Even if your email is also genuine, I would still recommend using a web browser and type in the URL of the Adobe website to sign in to your account and change your password - rather than follow the links in the email.
x47c
Grafter

You will soon discover whether on not it is genuine - when you log into your Adobe account.
If so it will divert/force you to set up a new password before being allowed to continue into the site
It did with me.
Teds31
Grafter

Thanks for all the quick replies folks I have done as you suggest. Ted
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

i had one today... just ignored it...  Wink
bhillyard

I did not get an email from Adobe - they sent a letter that asked me to log on and reset my password.
No danger of a spoof email. Fortunately my card number has changed twice since I last used it with Adobe.
I would say that any email about this sort of thing is not to be trusted.